Thinking of investing money in Underfloor Insulation? Will you benefit from spending money on it? Or, can you rely on air conditioners and heaters? Yes, homeowners ask many questions regarding the thermal barrier installed on their homes. Most homeowners invest money in other insulation such as walls, roof, and attic, but they ignore the floor. Can you neglect floor insulation, and still, enjoy a comfortable temperature in your home? So, if you have installed thermal barriers within the wall cavity, roof/ceiling, and any doors; you can keep about 75% of heat trapped in your home. What will happen to the remaining 25%? Yes, this is what Underfloor Insulation is there for; hence we can’t neglect it today.
In simple words, no homeowner can ignore any thermal barriers in today’s world as saving money and energy are vital tasks to do today. We can minimize the use of lights and other electrical appliances but in terms of electrical usage; air conditioners and heaters are the ones that give us a hard time. Let’s say you ignore Underfloor Insulation and prepare your mindset to keep the heaters and air conditioners on all year long! In other words, you let that 25% of heat leak through the floor and try to compensate that heat loss by keeping the heaters and air conditioners on. Did you know that 25% of heat loss and relying on those electrical appliances can waste your money in the long run? In a world where we can’t afford to waste money, why would you waste money when long-term and fixed solutions are available?
How much would it cost to install the thermal barrier? OK, this will depend on the Underfloor Insulation product you are considering and the total area to install. Product quality plays a top role here. As mentioned, the underfloor thermal barrier is the barrier that prevents heat gain and loss via the floor. Hence, if the product you have installed isn’t a quality one; hence it doesn’t keep the heat trapped within your home. Remember, the manufacturer plays a top role here as they are the party that produces the thermal barrier. Which means to get the most out of the money you have invested in Underfloor Insulation; you should buy a quality product in the first hand. Since Australia is a developed country and homeowners now have a better understanding of insulation, fake manufacturers and suppliers can’t trick them. Still, a few homeowners fall for such fake suppliers.
OK, think of it this way. You can save a few hundreds of dollars by buying a cheap product, but a homeowner buys insulation products to use for decades. Let’s say you use it for five decades! Hence, if the product you have installed isn’t a quality product, and heat losses and gains took place, making you turn on the heaters and air conditioners throughout that 50 years; how much money you would lose? Well, it could be many thousands of dollars. All these facts suggest that when comparing Underfloor Insulation cost and money saving; the product quality is the top factor to consider other than insulation installation and inspection.
NoGap is a leader in quality Underfloor Insulation supplying across Australia at affordable rates. Our products will serve you for a lifetime, saving your time and money in the long run. Call us today for more information!