Let’s unpack after moving like a Pro: Tips by Removalists Melbourne
OK, the hardest part of the relocation process is over. You are in your new home, and the Removalists Melbourne did their job perfectly. The professionals unpacked all the fragile items, and now you are left with general items to unpack. What’s the next step? Well, obviously; unpacking rest of the items is the next step, but how can you do it like a pro? Do you want to know how? Let’s proceed then.
1) In my previous articles about house moving, I advise our customers to minimize the number of groceries that you bring closer to the moving day. The perishable items can go bad inside the truck as the clock ticking. Refrigerated, frozen, and prepared foods are the high-risk perishable items that you must unpack as soon as you are in the new home. Well, you are too tired to do it “as soon as you are in the new home,” and that’s why I advise you to minimize those items to the max. Anyway, if you have perishable items, unpack them first and put in safe conditions.
2) Hygiene products: You had a long, toilsome day. You want to clean up yourself to get that “fresh feeling.” What do you need for that? Unpack the cleaning/hygiene items secondly. Shampoo, shower gel, toothpaste, toilet paper, soap, deodorant, and so on. Removalists Melbourne says, “Pack your hygiene products in a different box with a clear label.”
3) Kids and Pets: Well, in my previous articles about house moving, I have clearly explained how your kids and pets need attention on a moving day. It’s a big change for them, so setting back their usual routine is important to get them going. While your wife is unpacking the above-mentioned items, you can give time for the kids and pets. Set up the TV and let your kids watch their favorite animated movie. Show your pet (cat/dog) the rest of the house to get used to the new environment. Removalists Melbourne tip: Set up their usual life ASAP.
4) Kitchen Items: OK, this your wife’s job (kitchen is her department.) Anyway, you can give her a hand to carry the boxes. It’s the fourth items to unpack. Be careful when unpacking the boxes in which you got fragile items (let Removalists Melbourne experts unpack the boxes with kitchen-fragile items.) Cooking the dinner the first night in the new home is less practical. Ordering foods from the local takeaway is a good option (only for today.)
5) Bedding: If your kids are too tired to watch their favorite animated movie, set up their beds and put them to sleep. Unpack the boxes with bedding and their cuddly teddy bear. When your kids are sleeping, you and wife can sort out the stuff with a free mind. Feed your pet and let it sleep as well.
6) Electronics: Let the Removalists Melbourne staff unpack your sensitive electronics. Later, you can set up the systems.
7) Personal items: Unpack your personal items when most of the unpacking is done. You need more time to decide what to go where, and you can’t rush and do it.
8) leave Important documents and valuables as the last step. You are not in a position to handle sensitive documents and valuables after the hectic journey.
Summation: Everybody deserves some sort of release after the hectic day. Of course, you can go to sleep if you are too tired to unpack the stuff (out of choice, you would have to unpack the perishable items, though.)