Furniture Movers: Why Do You Need a Winter Essential Box?
Summer is the busiest time of the year. Furniture Movers get the highest number of bookings during the summer. Well, whatever the season; you need a survival kit when you move into a new home. But what should go in the survival kit depends on the season you choose to move. Oh, wait! A survival kit is another name for the essential box. Summer is the busiest season, spring is a perfect season, but the winter is obviously the toughest season when it comes to house moving. It’s too cold outside. Roads are so slippery. Anyway, there’s an advantage when moving in winter. Since it’s the offseason, Furniture Movers are not busy. Reputable moving companies give discounts for winter removals so you can save some money.
OK, now let’s come to the hot topic. What do you need for the winter essential bag? And why do you need it? Everything explained in this article.
1) Plug-in kettle: Winter is a cold time, so you will definitely need a warming coffee. Anyway, you might not get a chance to set up the hob as soon as you are in the new home. That’s why you should have an electric kettle in the survival kit. If your move is a long distance one, then have a flask of coffee or tea ready. Well, it depends on your need. I mean, it can be coffee, tea, soup, or any other hot beverage for a warming up. Be nice to offer some coffee to Furniture Movers as well.
2) Canned food: Likewise, having some canned food is a good idea for fulfilling sudden hunger cravings. House moving is a hectic task, and you will be very hungry at the end of the day. Anyway, you would not have time to cook, or to go out for dinner. So, canned food is your best friend. Canned soups, beans, sardines, rice pudding, and meat. Make sure you have enough food in the essential box for the whole family.
3) A change of clothes: Winter is the coldest season so you will need protective clothing. Facing an interstate move in the winter is a big challenge for your kids. Make sure they wear a scarf, gloves, hat, and thermal socks for the journey. Also, have a set of extra clothes for each family member in the essential box. Take some hot water bottles in the car to survive the journey.
* Towel and Toiletries: Toilet papers, soap, shampoo, and other essentials. A hot bath water bath or a shower is a great way to overcome the winter cold. Obviously, you need a towel in the essential box. A tip by Furniture Movers: please don’t ignore your pet in the extreme winter cold. People look after the kids, but they often forget about the pets. Don’t let it be shivering outside under freezing weather.
* Beating the snow: Windscreen de-icer, snow shovel, windscreen scraper, and perhaps salt. These are the essentials for overcoming the snow challenge. Furniture Movers never forget these essentials when heading for winter house movings.
OK, these are the items to go in your winter survival kit. Wear slip resistance shoes when walking on slippery surfaces. A winter relocation is not a straightforward one as a summer relocation. So, consider hiring a professional such as Furniture Movers.