What to look for when choosing an IT Solutions Provider? Part-2
Hello, everyone. This is the part (2) of the “What to look for when choosing an IT Solutions Provider?” Well, I recommend you to read part-1 before reading this. Let’s get to the point now.
* Do you get what you pay for?: You hire IT Solutions provider to run your business smoothly without any IT failures. The company you hired maintains the health status of your business’s IT system. But, how do they let you know about the status of your IT system? Well, they should provide you a detailed monthly report. What they manage and how they manage your IT system throughout the month should mention in the monthly report. Only then you know what you pay them for. Also, the monthly report helps you in deciding whether to keep that IT Solutions provider or not. A reliable company would email their customers a detailed monthly report.
* Is your information safe?: Your user information; hardware inventory; critical passwords; software licenses; are the things that need extra attention. The IT Solutions company should provide you documentation on these critical areas. OK, let me ask you something important; How about your company’s server passwords and network settings? Do you know them? Never let your IT company keep this information a secret. If your IT company suggest keeping information under their control, to make sure their job security; you better get rid of them ASAP. You own your business, so you are the rightful owner of the critical information. A top-class IT Solutions provider ensures this information readily available to you at all times. If the IT company change passwords and network settings, they should immediately update you.
* Backup Technicians?: OK, you have an IT expert assigned to your business by the IT company you hired. Whenever you run into an IT issue, you can call him, and he is there to assist you. But, what happens if he is on sick leave? They should have other technicians familiar with your system. So, they definitely should have more than one IT expert in their company. I mean, check for their IT staff before hiring. Your business can’t rely on an IT Solutions provider who’s having just one IT expert.
* How safe is your Data?: Your company data is vital for you to run the business. So, you should have a recovery plan in case of a disaster. IT Solutions provider should monitor and test the Backup recovery plan regularly. If the company you hired failed on the backup solution, immediately get rid of them. You know what would happen to your business if you lost the critical company data. A top-class IT company would monitor their customer’s backup data daily. Also, they should check for corrupted data. What’s the point of having corrupted backup data?
* Disaster plan?: Any business can face a disaster. So, you should have a written plan for restoring your data soon enough to recover. A top-class IT Solutions company provides their customers a quick disaster recovery plan. Well, it’s better you too having a recovery plan on your side for the entire office.
Wrapping Up: Hiring the right IT Solutions provider makes your life easy. Before hiring any IT partners, ask the questions given in this article from yourself and the company you are hiring. If you have an IT partner, just make sure you are getting for what you pay them each month. Many top-class IT Solutions providers out there for you to hire. Do your research on the Internet, then you can find the best company.