A Guide To Drone Wedding Videos
Videographers use the new technology to make the Wedding Videos more dramatic. It’s not like in the 80s anymore; the couples expect something different from the videographer they hired. They want their wedding footage to be more exciting. Old days wedding footages just had the video running with a background music. So, the early couples thought “Wedding Videos are boring.”
OK, coming to the topic now. Even though this is not a lesson about the drone cameras, I will give a brief description on the drone. A drone is a remote-controlled helicopter with a very powerful camera. Anyway, you should have some sort of practice to maneuver it according to the way you want. Using noisy drones is not a good idea for Wedding Videos. See the tips below:
1) Know about the restrictions for Drones: While using a drone is a great idea for Wedding Videos, some restrictions are there to limit the use of drones due to security reasons. A drone in the wrong hands potentially dangerous. The wedding venues don’t have restrictions to limit using a drone but ensure a drone is permitted in the venue’s area. Talk with the venue’s manager as he might know the restrictions within the area. Drones are banned in some areas for security reasons.
2) There’s no point of using a drone for Wedding Videos unless the venue is suitable for an aerial view. The whole purpose of an aerial shot is to capture a vast area at once. Also, there’s no point of taking aerial shots of a wedding happening in a concrete jungle. It should have a scenic beauty.
3) When you go to a wedding with a drone camera, it would make you look like a complete pro. It’s the 21st century, so the couples don’t want their videographer to come and capture the wedding with an antique camera. So, you get some plus marks by using a drone camera for Wedding Videos. Anyway, your customers might see the stars after hearing the charges for Wedding Videos with a drone involving. Well, anyway; it’s obvious that a videographer will charge extra for drone service, and the couples know it.
4) Recording a wedding with a drone camera is regarded a “good distraction.” As I said in the previous point, for the guests; it will be a new experience. Sometimes, the guests will come to you and ask to take some selfies with it. Be sensible to take some selfies of the guest, and you can make them feel like celebrities. If you do so, you have made your next customers without any additional costs for advertising.
5) Going very high with a drone for Wedding Videos is not a good idea. Always shoot at an angle. The couples don’t want to see just their heads top in the wedding footage. Recording at an angle allows you to capture more of the couple’s bodies.
Some final words: Well, buying a drone camera may be not affordable to all the videographers out there. Anyway, it’s a good thing to invest money in as a videographer. You can surprise gadget-enthusiast guests with a drone camera. It will make people think of you, “wow, he is a modern videographer, we should hire him for our wedding footage.” In other words, it’s a sort of free advertising.